09 September 2008

cinco lempiras

i didn't think i would be able to do this but here goes.....

we had to find another home for cinco (full name: cinco lempiras, which means 5 dollars). it is a long long long story but in the end the right decision for cinco and for our family.

cinco is with a loving couple who have 4 other 4-legged children (cinco is the 5th - a sign maybe??). cinco is walked every morning and every evening. he plays ball at the park across the street with "boundless energy" per the new owner. this comes as no surprise to me.....he's a happy, energetic, loving dog....that is very loyal, especially to the ball.

this all came together with ease and made a very tough and sad decision much easier by finding this perfect home. he is now getting the attention he requires and deserves.

here's cinco on his first day at his new home...

10 comments:

The Giorgios said...

I'm sorry for the sadness I'm sure you're all carrying in your hearts, but know full well the additional "burdens" pets can bring, especially when your schedule is already full of human needs. I'm sure you made the right choice for all.

me, dummy said...

i had to part with two kitties and one fat pug when we moved to mckinney, and i cried. i knew they'd have good homes but i cried anyway, so i feel you.

have to say though...loving no poop scooping and leg lifting and litter boxes. good for you for finding cinco a good home.

the higgins family said...

finding the right home for cinco was a very selfless act. although i know how hard it was for all of you, it was the right thing for cinco. that is the epitome of a good parent.

the higgins family said...

a good parent to cinco AND the girls i meant....it was hard to do be right for everyone. you know what i mean.

denise, the honey crew said...

yes i know what you mean....and you know the full, long winded history......and for that, thanks for the ear and encouragement :-)

The McLean Family said...

I'm sure Cinco is loving his new home (sounds like puppy paradise) but Jack and Ben are going to be DEVASTATED. Playdates won't be the same!

Anonymous said...

I am really sad to read that Cinco is no longer at the Molina house. If I would have know you were giving him away, Kyle and I would have gladly taken him!

Mary said...

I'm sorry about Cinco...that's hard. SO hard. Sometimes we have to make decisions that are best for these pets and that doesn't always mean staying in our home. I am sure it helps to see how happy Cinco is. At least I hope it does!

lb said...

I know this was a hard decision, but it sounds like it was the best for Cinco and for you all. He was so cute, but now getting to play so much more. LB

Rita Jr. said...

D, sorry for the angst. I know the time you DID have with Cinco was special for everyone.