1. What’s the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
i wish i would have been more open minded about some specific things.
2. Why did you choose to be with my father?
i trusted him, and he's honest. we have similarities.
3. In what ways do you think I’m like you? And not like you?
we are good moms, we like gardening, we like clothes.
you're organized. i'm organized too, but you would disagree.
4. Which one of us kids did you like the best?
i'm not going to answer that question. i don't know. i don't think i liked anyone better.
5. Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have?
i got extremely bored, i prayed very hard to overcome this, i thought of leaving my family. i'm so glad i never acted on it.
6. Do you think it’s easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?
yes, it's much harder now.
7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?
yes. i wish i knew more about my mother's family and her past. it's a big regret.
8. What’s the best thing I can do for you right now?
call me every day so i don't think you're dead. (laughing) keep your girls so you can rest. respect our differences. have fun together. keep being you. allow me to stay in "my" guest room.
9. Is there anything that you wish had been different between us―or that you would still like to change?
you would say that you wish i would stop comparing you to others, but i don't think i do this.
10. When did you realize you were no longer a child?
when i looked in the mirror, at 21, and got married.
10 questions to ask your mother - real simple may 2009

4 comments:
love this, d.
Great questions! Did YOU like the answers? I would be afraid to ask some of these for fear of what would follow. Brave and beautiful!
dang i wish i'd thought of this! very cool, d.
This is fabulous. I agree with Jess & Em....I wish I'd thought of it and think it was extremely brave. I'll probably just copy it. :)
Post a Comment