national night out was last night (in texas). leave it to texas to establish its own date this year vs. having it the first tuesday of august, like everywhere else in the country. i can't hardly blame this state though, august 5 was probably an over 100 degree day or all day rain from remnants of a hurricane.


we've never lived in a neighborhood per se. we've always been in either a townhome or an apartment in the middle of a city. even though we are still basically in the middle of a city, we are now in a neighborhood and it feels good.

we had a great turn out last night. fun activities for the kids and great food. the neighborhood is a great mix of first time home buyers, young families, and original homeowners from the 50s.
and.....i am now a member of the neighborhood garden club. my grandmother would be so proud!!!
10 comments:
Looks like a good night!
I think it's really cool you joined a garden club and look forward to the updates.
Another activity! Oh my.
Gustavo - hilarious...I was going to ask Denise, "do you sleep?" Denise - Do you sleep? Are you one of those people that only need 3 hrs. of sleep and you're good to go? I need 33 hrs. :)
uhhhhh....yeah rita, i can function on little to no sleep. this has been the case my entire life.
on second thought, "function" might be too strong of a word...
good for you for being neighborly...i tend NOT to be a joiner, and i'm sure i'm missing out. of course, one of my neighbors is "the douche"...so maybe on second thought...
i'm jealous. a garden club.... how cool.
i love where you live and am glad you are loving it, too!
joining the garden club was worth the whole night out if you ask me! i think that's awesome...i didn't even know garden clubs really existed anymore.
Very cool!!!
As a young adult, I had no appreciation of neighborhood activities, but, now, as a parent, I've come to understand the many ways it is important...if for no other reason than to know what sort of people your children will be coming in contact with in the neighborhood.
B-I'll BET your town has a garden club. Mine does, but I'm sure they don't want a plant slayer like me joining.
That pic of Stella and Sophia...my oh my! They are two beautiful girls!
We didn't do national night out and now I wish we had. Yours looked like fun!
Post a Comment