06 June 2008

denise (and sofia) and the performing arts

if you know me, you should know that i love beyond words the performing arts and all aspects of it. it started in 5th grade when my mom took me to new york city, bought the best seats in the house, and i sat mesmerized for the entire show. the show was gypsy starring tyne daly. (i can do a mean rendition of one of the songs from the show - tulsa. you'll have to wait for that video.) ask me what my favorite sound is - the sound of the symphony warming up...horns, strings....all in different syncs....you know that sound. i love that sound. ask me what i'm most excited about in year 2009. this - a new world renowned venue in dallas. i can't wait!

now i will shift gears to sofia and the performing arts. she started ballet when she was three. too young, i agree. however, she loved it the day she started. she loves it still today. she's destined to burn out. probably but maybe not. she missed her recital last year because we were out of town and i didn't think it was a big deal. it wasn't a big deal to me, but it sure was to sofia. she hasn't let us forget that she missed her recital and made sure we would not miss this year's. it was last weekend, and these things are ordeals! from a dress rehearsal, to pictures, backstage, to the after party!

enjoy the show!

bravo!

next up: denise and her love for american standards and show tunes. (emily your throat is probably closing)

8 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

Denise - too bad you weren't still living in Boston when I was working at Berklee College of Music! That would have been fun...you would have loved visiting the campus and seeing those recitals - awesome!

Sofia is so multi-talented! Very cute...the dance recitals are always a pretty funny take.

me, dummy said...

that's the funniest thing EVER. i was going to have to make fun of you for that blog, but then you redeemed yourself right there at the end. lucky for you, i'm so predictable.

Tavo Molina said...

Stella and Sofia in time will realize how lucky they are too have you as their mother. Everybody that knows me, knows I do not have one ounce of artistic gift in me. Fortunately they have you to have that exposure and that talent. I love you Babe.

The Giorgios said...

That was beautifully innocent and, simultaneously, down right hilarious that it actually brought tears to my eyes for both reasons. SO SWEET!!!

Unknown said...

OK Tia Denise, I am SO OVERWHELMED by the kids! They're so gorgeous! Stella is humongous and her skin is just like Monica's! She's WOW! Those pictures of Sofia in her ballet costume are so beautiful! You should bring us some!

Well Tia, keep them coming. I promise I'll update the blog once I'm on vacation, which is a week from now.

Love,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

denise--i could hear you laughing in my head, which made me laugh! that was super cute!

The McLean Family said...

That is too, too precious! I'm crying and that's not even my kid! Sofia looks adorable and I love how she's jammin' through the whole thing.

the higgins family said...

this is fantastic...there is nothing i'd rather be than a star or a singer or a dancer or a triple threat....not for the $$$$...for the applause.