03 December 2008

the day after....

(i'm going out of order. i don't remotely have thanksgiving organized!)

we got a babysitter because we all needed a break from the house and the leftovers. we went to times ten cellars, and i brought a game that i had bought earlier in the day called tabletopics family gathering. it made for some candid conversation. some highlights:

who do you think is the most inspirational person alive today?
david: mom

what's your favorite story about our grandmother?
denise: that she grew up in a caboose

as a child what's the funniest misconception you had about the world
jana: where babies came from

what traits do the men in your family share
david: we're hairy

what lessons are most important to teach the next generation
dad: morals

if you could invite any famous person to join your family for dinner who would you choose
gustavo: a toss up....the pope or bono

would you rather meet your great grandchildren or great grandparents
mother: great grandchildren

anyway, it was fun. i recommend. i think i am going to get the "right or wrong" edition and "couples" edition.

five bottles of wine later, led us to a paciugo....

which led to this....

4 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

fun! and if the pope or bono is coming for dinner, you better let me know and i will be there! (yes, i'm inviting myself) :)

The Giorgios said...

I've never heard of this game, but it sounds like a great idea! I'd be a little afraid of the couples version though. Those are some intimate questions...how much do I want my husband to really know? The illusion has been so beautifully perfected. Kidding...maybe...

Cool!

me, dummy said...

i LOVE a good game and this one sounds fab. thanks for the tip!

The Giorgios said...

D, I bought this game, Family Gathering Edition, to play at Christmas. I'm hosting this year. Thanks for sharing. I'll let you know what comes of it.