15 June 2008

irreplaceable!

i'm so blessed! seriously! i have a fabulous dad, and my girls have a fabulous dad.

i was lucky, sandwiched in between 2 brothers. my dad and i always have had something special. he's bailed me out of various predicaments, he gives solid advice, he's always calm, he loves me no matter what, and i didn't think it was possible, but the older i get the more i love him, admire him, respect him. he set a high standard, and i know it is because of his role that i in turn married a strong, smart, solid and successful man.

i see it in sofia's and am even starting to see it in stella's eyes. they love gustavo and admire him! i love the dynamic of a father/daughter relationship, and i am having a lot of fun watching this relationship between the girls and gustavo develop, especially since gustavo is so dedicated to them. we love you gustavo!

thanks to my good friend - we had these framed and gave to gustavo.

9 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

Beautiful post, Denise...and those pictures are precious.

Anonymous said...

D-
LOVE your father's day post. Your descriptions of your dad and Gustavo are right on. Sorry I missed you this weekend, hope L-town was fun! Love you!

Mary said...

Those pictures are INCREDIBLE! Beautiful. Love the tribute to your dad too. Maybe I'm a sap these days, but it brought a tear to my eye:)

me, dummy said...

who took the b&w photog of you and the girls? that's fab!

denise, the honey crew said...

my friend - lauraleggphotography.com - since you are in the metroplex - you should have her shoot your familia :-)

Tavo Molina said...

I love my wife's blog. When I get all stressed out at work I come to this blog, it's my "happy place". The picture presented yesterday also brought a tear to my eye, the prior day I was thinking I need a picture of all my girls and Denise delivered it for me. Thanks for all the little things you do that make me happy. It's a ton of little things.

Unknown said...

You are all so beautiful! She captured you...

The Giorgios said...

I love your blog...I think it's a little bit of girl envy. It's always just so sweet. How many times can I tell stories of Ryan's toilet humor?

Happy Father's Day to Gustavo and the pictures are stunning!

the higgins family said...

i love don & gustavo!